The Global Command Interface Widget Mock-UpEdit
Description of the GCI FunctionalityEdit
- GCI GUI notes v.05:
- Button #2 a: Pop-up list of available Field Commander Units to select from
- Button #2 b: Pop-up list of Available Commanders for Reinforcement Duties * (see 5a. of Supplemental for more).
- Screen (#6 b:) You select A.I. Presets & Thresholds for that command group. After setting, close like standard window.
- Button #7: Press to launch resizable Known World Map. Close like standard window. If you Have a Commander led Combat Group loaded onto a transport you should be able to navigate that transport directly from this map.
Additional GCI CommentaryEdit
- 1.) Individual Commanders still have their own command screens. The main difference being that A.I. scripts are player assigned as in the GCI.
- Also remember - If checked the GCI option wil over-ride Commander screen A.I. settings with the GCI presets.
- 2.) Combat Group assembly & linking are still done at the Commander level.
- 8.) The Player can Name his Combat Groups (&/or choose some symbol) and that is how they will show up on maps as well as the GCI pop-up select.
- 9.) The GCI is linked to the General Unit. If the General Unit is killed you lose GCI access.
- However another Field Commander can rise in Rank, under those circumstances, to achieve General rank.
- At such a time the GCI once again becomes available.
GCI Supplemental 2Edit
- 1st Rookie = Greenie
- 2nd Second Lieutenant = Single Gold Bar
- 3rd First Lieutenant = Single Silver Bar
- 4th Captain = Double Silver Bar
- 5th Major = Gold Oak Leaf
- 6th Lieutenant Colonel = Silver Oak Leaf
- 7th Colonel = Silver Eagle
- 8th Brigadier General = One Silver Star
- 9th Major General = Two Silver Stars
- 10th Lieutenant General = Three Silver Stars
- 11th General = Four Silver Stars
- 12th General of the Army = Five Silver Stars
- 10.) > A.I. Slider Threshold Triggers (Health of Base-line Unit) can only be set as unique increments of 10% (relative to each other). You cannot, for example, have 2 scripts set at 90%.
- Your lowest threshold setting will prevail until you, the General, actively re-address that Combat Group.
- More to follow....